Friday, January 15, 2010

Introduction

So welcome to the Scintillating Bibliophile. My name is Courtney and I am a second year student getting my master's in library and information science at the University of Washington. I have been meaning to start a blog to record my journey through my master's and into my career in the information field. However, when I found that The Snarky Librarian had already been taken I lost momentum and let the project slide. Now, thanks to LIS 551, Intellectual Freedom in Libraries, I HAVE to. I'd like to give a shout out to ZeroHourHero for helping me come up with such an awesome name, which is the hardest part of this whole blogging thing for me.

I'll be using this blog to document all sorts of things as I move through my degree and into the field including book reviews, thoughts on intellectual freedom and anything else that strikes my fancy dealing with the field of information science. Thanks for checking this out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, its Zero.

    I just wanted to let you know I've started a blog, chronicling my journey to PAX with information and advice based on my experiences for other nubs.

    -Zero-

    ReplyDelete